Equal parts lasagna and taco, this dish is comfort central, with layers of classic taco meat and toppings nestled between tender lasagna noodles and melty cheese. Use your favorite salsa to build the sauce — milder to keep it kid-friendly or spicier to liven it up. …
Here’s a video tutorial on how to make this delicious Taco Lasagna:
Layers of taco meat and toppings nestled between lasagna noodles and melty cheese… we’re basically in love.
Posted by Food Network on Friday, August 18, 2017
Yield: 8 servings
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Add the ground beef and sprinkle with the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, breaking apart chunks of meat with the back of a spoon, and stirring often, until meat is crumbled and browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the salsa and 1 cup of water, bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spread a quarter of the meat sauce over the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
- Lay a third of the noodles over the sauce, overlapping slightly and breaking them to fit, if needed. Leave a 1/2-inch space around the edges of the baking dish.
- Top the noodles with another quarter of the meat sauce and a third of the mozzarella.
- Make another layer with a third of the noodles, a quarter of the meat sauce and a third of the mozzarella.
- Repeat, making a final layer with the remaining third of the pasta and quarter of the sauce, making sure that the top layer of noodles is completely covered in sauce. Top with the remaining third of the mozzarella.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the noodles are tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and cook 15 minutes more.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, Cheddar and chips.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this Lasagna Party Ring!