In A Baking Rut? Challenge Yourself With This Beautiful Strawberry Cheesecake Roll
Soon you’ll be on a baking ROLL.
Here’s a quick video on the recipe:
This strawberry cheesecake roll is literally mesmerizing ! Would you eat this?FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/2iavLZpFIND IT ON OUR APP: http://tstyapp.com/m/YLEB1g9fFF
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, August 17, 2017
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs until pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in 1½ cups sugar and whisk again until combined.
4. Mix in oil, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
5. Add in flour and fold until smooth and combined.
6. Pour the batter on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and spread evenly.
7. Gently tap the baking sheet on the counter to release any air bubbles. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
8. Lay out a kitchen towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
9. Once the cake is done, invert it onto the towel and lift the towel to roll the cake into a log. The towel will wrap into the cake.
10. Refrigerate cake for 30 minutes.
11. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
12. Place the cake on the counter and unroll.
13. Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the cake and top with sliced strawberries.
14. Tightly roll the cake back up, this time just using the towel as a guide.
15. Top with powdered sugar.
16. Slice and enjoy!