If you love snickerdoodle cookies, you gotta make this. Totally acceptable to eat for breakfast, right?
Here’s a quick video recipe for the Snickerdoodle Crumb Cake:
If you love snickerdoodle cookies, you gotta make this.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/wvXhgoI
Posted by Delish on Sunday, May 14, 2017
FOR THE CAKE
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour a 9” cake pan.
- Make cake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until evenly combined.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until evenly combined.
- Put in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir gently until just combined, then pour batter into prepared pan.
- Make streusel: In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter and stir until smooth. Add flour and toss the mixture together until large moist crumbs form. Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cake, then slice into wedges and serve.