Creamy Pesto Mac & Cheese
Creamy pesto mac with spinach?! YES PLEASE! I love pesto and I LOVE spinach! And who doesn’t love mac n cheese?!
This combination is so rich, creamy, and just delicious! I cant believe I haven’t thought of adding these flavors together before!
You can have this as a meal or a side dish! Either way, you are going to enjoy every bite!
Check out this video for a quick tutorial of the recipe!
- 2 CUPS Uncooked macaroni
- Freshly cracked peppe
- 2 CUPS Whole milk
- 1/2 CUP Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 lb. Frozen spinach
- Thaw the spinach at room temperature or in the microwave. Squeeze out the excess water. Set the spinach aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the macaroni noodles. Boil for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the macaroni in a colander.
- While the pasta is boiling, prepare the sauce. Add the butter and flour to a small sauce pot. Heat and stir the butter and flour over medium heat until it forms a creamy paste and begins to bubble. Continue to stir and cook for about one minute more.
- Whisk the milk into the butter and flour, then allow it to come up to a simmer, while whisking.
- When it reaches a simmer, the sauce will thicken. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Whisk the parmesan and pesto into the sauce until smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Turn the heat off and return the cooked and drained pasta to the large pot and add the thawed spinach.
- Pour the sauce over top, then stir until everything is combined and coated in sauce. Serve immediately.