How To Make A Baked Alaska
Here’s a quick recipe video:
If you haven't experienced a Baked Alaska yet this summer, you're seriously missing out.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/fdCASc7
Posted by Delish on Sunday, August 20, 2017
- 2 c. chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 6 c. strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 6 c. vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 c. sugar
- Spray a 3-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Add chocolate ice cream in a layer, then strawberry and vanilla ice creams. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze until completely firm, at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 8” round cake pan with cooking spray and line with parchment. Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let brownie cool completely, then remove ice cream bowl from freezer and place brownie on top. Cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer until ready to serve.
- Make meringue: Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium-high speed, 2 minutes. Increase speed to high and add sugar in a slow steady stream. Continue beating until glossy peaks form, about 12 minutes.
- Unmold ice cream dome and cover completely with meringue, using the back of a spoon to make swirly peaks.
- Broil until golden, 3 minutes. (Or use a kitchen torch if you have.)
- Slice and serve immediately.